Saturday, August 3, 2013

Future Week 2


Week number two started out with a game night after dinner, which when I say consisted of a thousand pizzas, I mean people were able to take full pies up to their room. After dinner before the event Pradhan, K, David, and I played Uno. The hand I was dealt was not the most beneficial. We played this through the night and still I have no idea how we were able to sustain one game for two hours. I did not end up the winner, but I was able to play apples to apples with some of our residents while the others played the most joyous game of Life I had ever seen. While we were playing, some of our residents were having trouble with some historical figures and words. I was glad that they were able to learn something new through the game.The night ended with a questionable game of twister, which is just an awkward game to begin with.
On Tuesday we went to Funplex, where I sat idle by watching my friends go kart since my wrist was still banged up and I was advised not to drive or put pressure on it, and as these go karts like all others have no power steering, they were a no. I ended up sitting and watching families play mini golf for a long while, but I was able to drive the bumper boats which Pradhan and Traun took to mean getting everyone wet with the water gun party. What really set this particular night apart was the second prank where Pradhan and I took our winnings from the arcade together to get mini army men and robots to create an epic battle on K's desk. We wanted to have more army men but the woman behind the counter, and by woman I mean pissy high school student, would not allow us to go past the 20 maximum. So whatever, the next day I woke to an email that explained that an epic battle went on, needless to say, K has a wonderful sense of humor. The next time I was in the office, I saw that the paratrooper that I made using a long marshmallow skewer and the plastic bag the toys came in was still there. She said it was too good to take down. 

On Wednesday, we hosted a movie night with plenty of refreshments. We were able to use the club room in our new building so the movie was nice and big projected on the wall. We watched Madea's Witness Protection, or as I like to call it: Tyler Perry has conversations with himself, Oh and Denise Richards is here too. The movie was dumb, but our residents really enjoyed themselves. They all were able to have seconds on candy and I was able to snag an extra Kool-aid or two. When we asked them what they wanted to do, they all said that they wanted to hangout and chill. So that is what we did, we chilled, watched a ridiculous 2 hour movie and ate our weight in candy.
 On Thursday, we celebrated my Grandfather's 75th birthday, which meant I was spending some time with my family and eating cake. My grandfather got himself a gift, a new car. Which when we all went out to crowd around and look at the shiny new toy, all of my younger cousins got in the backseat. Just to try it out. I was able to hitch a ride back to the college with them and it was a lovely car, so I hope beyond hopes that he likes his purchase.
The next night I was dying for some chicken wings and my girlfriend Alexis was dying to go to a bar and dance, so we went out to PJ's. The wings were divine, and I wish I had more because sitting here writing about them makes me want to eat them. My mouth is watering. I am a chubby person, this is how we do. The DJs at the bar were these two skinny boys who loved to jump up and down. They switched off between rap and techno music so it was hilarious to see how the people dancing would shift each time the song changed. Alexis and I stayed strong though, dancing through both types of music. We made it. Another week down.




No comments:

Post a Comment