Monday, July 22, 2013

FUTURE WEEK 1




Prank Number 1: I don't believe there is any staff as wonderful as my own which doesn't have a prankster or a team of prank masters in their midst. Pradhan, my Future Scholars cohort, is this for us. This installment to his long list of ridiculousness I have entitled Modern Art. While putting away the fire pits from out kick off s'more's night, Pradhan, David, and I crated this masterpiece out of pipe cleaners and a chair. Eventually this escalated to include a pillow propping the chair, a red solo cup taped to the seat, and a lamp to highlight the genius. The next day this was taken down by our supervisor, and it was no more.


Monday, is when we put on our outside activities and this week we decided on badminton. While putting up the cheap net, we had some troubles and it snapped in several places. It then barely stood straight and we were very excited that it worked. While playing the residents pulled out a volleyball and began to play that as well. The park behind the reshall was full of fireflies and it was whimsical, but it was also full of mosquitoes and I was eaten alive. The other summer RA's in charge of the main building hosted a Minute to Win it program where residents competed with the game show events, and just to let you know, Pradhan and I can empty a whole tissue box with one hand in one minute. So, take that universe!

Tuesdays we go out with the Future Scholar's to off campus trips. We went roller skating at Millennium Skate World, and I am terrible. So terrible, I fell and sprained my wrist, but at least I looked cute. I wore a romper and knee socks because I'm a cool seventies chick, but alas, I was in horrible pain but at least Pradhan is a doctor, so he took care of me. He got me ice from the kitchen, and stood in line for me to get me a giant soda. I then won myself a handful of rubber duckies, one of which was a pirate, and the other which looked like a scary alien. With the tickets we won, Pradhan and I split it up so that I was able to get a wicked ship temp tattoo, and he a tiny finger skateboard.
Saturday, my boss and I in the morning went into the city for the Rittenhouse Farmer's market where I purchased another succulence from 4mula which I will do a personal post on soon. My booss, K, walked around looking for peaches and ended up with a $15 bottle of wine. After perusing trough the tents, I suggested getting some lunch from Chipotle and making a quick stop into Papersource. These pugs were adorable so I took a photo to send to Dan, my pug lover extraordinaire and I ended up purchasing a perfect agenda. It is an August to December 2014 agenda so I will not be able to start using it for another two weeks, but the anal retentive bits of me are very excited. After we parted ways, I went into the new Ulta and on a whim had my eyebrows done at the benefit counter. I then purchased some small sizes of benefit's Porefessional and That Gal face primers. I love benefit cosmetics and I am excited to try those out.

No comments:

Post a Comment